Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Front page photograph comparison research


Front cover written initial plan/analysis
I begun by ding some background research into front covers and i then gathered up a selection of front cover images in order to build up some ideas for what photographs I wanted for my front cover.
I was very keen on the idea of my model being rather formal in either a suit or at least smart attire on the front cover but then far more casual and up to date in terms of fashion on the double page spread.

I first of all looked at this picture of T.I  (left)and i rather liked this idea because he is smart in his suit shirt yet still rather relaxed with the top button undone and his bow tie undone which i believe allows the image to seem more relaxed whilst keeping with my idea of the formal attire on the front. After seeing this I went and took a picture what I believed to be rather similar to this but with a different facial expression on the models face (right) as I did not want him to smile, i wanted my model to be slightly more reserved. I decided to get my model to wear sunglasses in order to make him seem more mysterious and yet again more formal whilst also slightly more urbanized than T.I is in his picture in order to relate to my target audience more.

 Another image that I looked at was this image of Justin Timberlake who has recently built up quite a reputation in the music industry as being very well dressed in terms of formal attire.In this picture I like the fact that they have linked the colour of his eyes with the background sky blue colour and also this effect has seriously made his eye colour stand out. The smart/casual shirt that he is he is wearing yet again has the effect on the reader that although he is dressed rather smartly he is still relaxed and chilled out which could link to some of his recent easy listening music. I then went an took a picture of a different model with a similar idea of the top buttons undone and with a rather Sterne look on his face. I would use photo shop with this picture in order to enhance his eye colour and also when thinking about the background colour I would possible try and link his eye colour to the background colour, for example if I enhance his brown eyes i could then go for a similar colour for the background possibly a mahogany type of brown.

 My last idea that I had was slightly different to my other initial idea of an artist in smart attire. This idea consisted of a band of three people in casual clothing linking to my trendies category that i have chosen for my target audience.This picture of the band 'Foster the people' (left) is a very similar to the idea that I was looking for as it is vey simply yet has several messages that come across in a very causal style. The clothes that the band members are wearing are all rather different but without being different in terms of the target audience that they are trying to reach out to because all three of them are wearing clothes that a 'trendy' would look towards wearing. The picture that I have chosen is rather similar in terms of the facial expression on the band members faces and also the clothes and background setting because through this picture I am trying to reach out to my target audience via every aspect of the image and front cover.

I then did some more research and discovered that my front cover images needed to possibly be more directed at the indie market seeing as that is my target audience and so I collected these images of Jake Bugg



 

No comments:

Post a Comment